It consists of all the development phases of a project, from the initial concept to site construction.
In particular it includes:
- Preliminary analysis of the project and customer needs
- Development of a concept in which guidelines are outlined and critical issues are resolved. In most of the cases it corresponds to a graphical presentation of ideas, showing lighting effects and solutions to certain problems.
- Preliminary design in which all aspects of the project are defined (layout, data sheets, costs, illuminance levels)
- Executive project in which, in addition to confirming/updating the preliminary design, the construction and installation details are produced
- Artistic direction at the installation and assistance on site
- Lamp aiming and light scenes
These are the main phases of the project and it does not matter if applied to large or small works. Obviously these are guidelines and each work will have its own particular development that will be defined at an early stage.
Lamps and luminous objects
The realization of a project may require that in addition to the specification of products available on the market there is a need to create custom-made elements.
These custom objects can be lamps that have a particular aesthetic and/or function but also furnishing accessories that "collaborate" with the light to create the desired lighting effects. An example of the latter category can be a perforated panel that does not have any electrical components but which, built with certain "gimmicks", can be illuminated and become a characteristic luminous object.
The custom-lamp and lighting object design service can be an integral part of a project or an end in itself.
However, lighting does not only depend on the luminous flux of a luminaire, but also on the materials, colours and shape of a room. The data obtained from the lighting calculation, therefore, even if elaborated mathematically from a software, must be "read" taking into account the space in which they are inserted.
Respecting aseptically the required values does not guarantee the success of a project, therefore it is necessary to process the data collected from the calculation and use them to design in a conscientious way.